Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lettuce and sun-dried tomato salad

Okay guys, so I am veering a little off the topic here, since we decided that Indian cooking is what I was going to focus on. Although Indian cooking is where the focus is going to be in future also, I have been advised frequent small meals to lose weight. Therefore it is understood that salads are going to be a part of my daily diet.

Now here is a salad I concocted. This is not made from any set recipe, just that I followed my heart and got an awesome salad. It tastes just so, that I couldn't resist sharing it with you guys. It is so simple to make, I made it in a total of five minutes. Oh but the taste! The havoc it plays on your tongue! The sweetness of the sun-dried tomatoes against the pungent taste of the olives and sharp taste of gouda!

Go right ahead and try this one.

By the way I have no name for this salad.

Ingredients:
  • Lettuce
  • Sun-dried tomatoes
  • Jalapenos
  • Black Olives
  • Gouda cheese cut into small chunks
  • Dried thyme, and oregano
  • A drizzle of olive oil
  • Salt to taste
Method:

There is no method really except just tear the lettuce, assemble the rest of the ingredients and drizzle a little olive oil on top of it. Sprinkle a little salt as per your taste.

The magic is in eating it. Pierce your fork into one of each of the elements and eat it as one big bite. It is heaven on your palate!

Also, I may add, to the non-vegetarians who are not diet conscious, add a few fried chopped sausages for that extra something.

Well I know, what the hell, there's cheese in the recipe. The devil in me just reincarnated there and tempted me with the gouda!

Never mind. I have no excuses. :-P

I am at hubby's office at the moment. I will post the picture once I reach home.




No comments:

Post a Comment