Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Stuffed Potato Shells

Like every other woman on this planet, I am faced with the same questions everyday. "What do I cook for breakfast, lunch, dinner?" This morning I decided to make some kande pohe (Indore's favorite breakfast). But my poha supplies were running low. So here I was, clueless.

It is at times like these that the best ideas hit you. I saw that I had some baby potatoes. And I had cheese. Voila, what could be better!

The taste, as you can guess from the recipe is great. But the aroma! It isn't an aroma, it is an experience!

Ingredients
  • 8 baby potatoes, peeled
  • 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
  • 1 small onion finely chopped
  • 6 cloves garlic minced
  • 1/2 tsp mixed dry herbs
  • 1 tsp chilli flakes
  • olive oil
  • fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, basil or parsley... any will do)
  • salt
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.

Cut the potatoes into halves. Now use a small sharp spoons to scoop out a hole in the center of the potato halves. Save the scooped material for later.

Now mix the grated cheese with the onion, garliic, dry herbs and chilli flakes. Save some garlic for later. Add very little salt to the cheese stuffing.

Sprinkle a little salt  over the potato shells and put some of the stuffing in it.
Keep aside.

Line a baking a tin with aluminum foil. Sprinkle a little olive oil on it. Make a bed of the fresh herbs, potato flakes, and remainder garlic. Place the stuffed potatoes on top of this bed and cover up the foil.

Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, till the potatoes are done. Then open the foil and directly bake it for another minute or two to dry the cheese up a bit.

More than anything else at this point, I am forced to say... Bon Apetit!






Happy Cooking Y'all!

2 comments:

  1. Laxmi it not only looks delicious, it also tasted great! I refrain from commenting on my wife's blog, but sometimes I have to, because the food tastes awesome and I am only the one who had privilege to eat it stomach full. So I can safely put my money on this dish without a doubt.

    ReplyDelete