Friday, July 1, 2011

Chinese Chicken Noodles

Sorry folks! I haven't been well the last couple of days. Sunday morning saw me waking up, seeing the world with a slightly skewed perspective. My neck was tilted to the right side, thanks to a massive spasm in some muscle.

Now that I felt slightly better, and that my mom was getting increasingly tired, I decided I would make something today. Still in no position to make chapatis, I decided the easiest thing to make would be chinese noodles. My husband helped me to cook noodles. Thanks sweetheart!

Overall, the average rating for the recipe was : 7.8 (Based on ratings given by three members of my family on a scale of ten)

Here's the recipe
  • 1 packet of egg noodles
  • 1 cup boneless chicken pieces
  • 4 tbsp minced garlic
  • 2 tbsp oil (preferably sesame oil)
  • 3 spring onions finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
  • 1/2 cup capsicum chopped
  • 1 tsp dark soy sauce
  • 1/2 tsp fish sauce
  • 2 tsp green chilli sauce
  • salt and pepper to taste
Prepare the egg noodles according to the manufacturer's instructions. Keep them aside.

Now heat the oil in a wok and add the minced garlic to it. Saute on high heat for a minute and add the chicken pieces (drying the chicken pieces with a tissue paper before frying them helps to brown them evenly).

Saute the chicken for about 4 minutes on high heat till it is evenly cooked. Now add the whites of the onions, cabbage and capsicum and saute for only half a minute. Add the soy, fish sauce and the green chilli sauce, salt and pepper. Add the noodles and toss them around for a minute. Finally add the green onion leaves and saute for half a minute.

Turn off the heat and serve hot!

(I do not have my camera here, at mom's house, so there are no pictures. Sorry :-(  )

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment