Thursday, August 18, 2011

Braised Cucumbers

I am so obsessed with Julie and Julia. I have recorded the movie on my Tata Sky and I keep watching re-runs. It is one way of keeping myself inspired to continue doing what I have been doing for so many days now.

Having watched the movie so many times, I am amazed as to how I let the words 'Braised Cucumber' remain unheard. I did hear it today, and I had cucumbers, and butter, and so I made it. I didn't have the mint. Maybe it would change the taste of the recipe. I made it with coriander instead.

They do taste different. And they are quick to make. Though, I must admit, I am not a big fan of this one. It looks kind of cute though.

Here's the recipe.

Ingredients
  • 2 cucumbers 
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • salt to taste
  • 1/2 tsp lemon juice
  • 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (or mint if you have it)
  • 1/4th tsp pepper
Peel the cucumbers. Cut them into quarters. Remove the seeds. Chop into small pieces.

Melt the butter in a pan. Add the cucumber pieces. Cover and cook on medium heat for five minutes.

Open the cover, add salt, lemon juice, coriander and pepper. Toss around for a minute.

Serve hot!



Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment