Sunday, November 13, 2011

Untitled Chicken Kebabs

After a long hiatus, I am back with a new recipe. This recipe is my own creation. A thing materialized out of a challenge to feed my sister-in-laws family something non-vegetarian. It was a sort of untold test, to see whether I really can cook. I hope I passed with flying colors.

:-)

Unfortunately though, I do not have any pictures. My usually-unforgetful-hubby has forgotten the camera in Indore. So unless I get the camera on my trip back to Indore in December, there will be no pictures.

Please think of a cool-sounding name for my recipe!

Ingredients
  • 700 g tender chicken breasts chopped into large-ish chunks
  • 1 cup curd
  • 1/2 cup blanched almonds (Badam, soaked in warm water for an hour and peeled)
  • 3 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 3 tsp red chilli powder
  • salt to taste
  • oil for frying or grilling
Wash the chicken breast pieces. Make a paste of the almonds. Mix all the ingredients for the marinade  in a separate bowl. Do a taste check for seasoning.

Add the chicken pieces to the marinade and keep the chicken covered in room temperature for about an hour.

Here is what I did. I heated oil in a shallow frying pan, and shallow fried the pieces for about three minutes on each side. Any more, and you will have rubbery pieces of chicken. Any less, and you will have undercooked chicken. Press the cooked chicken surface with your spatula. If it feels firm and yet slightly springy, it is done.This process is slightly messy in that it leaves black residue in your frying pan. Remove it from time to time, or it will stick to your frying pan, and become difficult to clean later.

Remove the chicken pieces on to a plate and serve with green chutney.

Alternatively you can grill the chicken pieces for about  5 minutes on each side, basting with oil regularly to prevent them from getting dry. Serve them with the green chutney.

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment