Monday, December 12, 2011

Chocolate and cherry cream cake

This was an amazing dessert. Finally I got whipped cream from Hypermarket. I think only my friend Sahana can appreciate what I mean by that. It was so yum! Although the heat in my city played spoilsport! The cream kept melting and I had to speed up things. Presentation-wise, it didn't look the way I wanted it to look, but taste wise it was purrr-fect!!

Ingredients
  • 1 chocolate sponge cake divided into two (you can find my sponge cake recipe on this blog here: )
  • 3 cups whipped cream
  • half tin canned cherries
  •  cherry syrup
  • chocolate shavings to garnish
  1.  Slice the sponge cake mid-way into two. Place the lower half on a serving plate.
  2. Pour some of the canned cherries' syrup on the lower half to soak it. 
  3. Use 1/3rd the whipping cream to cover the top of the lower half. Sprinkle half the chopped cherries on the whipped cream.
  4. Place the second half of chocolate cake on the first. Once again repeat the steps from 1 to 3. Garnish with chocolate shavings, decorate with more swirls of whipped cream and top it off with a few whole cherries.
  5. Serve chilled.

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment